Friday, May 8, 2009

Willow Tree Figurines

I am just so thankful for all the kind words and acts of kindness from people. Today, my neighbor Stephanie stopped and gave me this really neat Willow Tree figurine. It is called the "Angle of Mine" and says "so loved, so very loved" on the card. I LOVE it!!!!!
This also reminded me that I hadn't posted the other one I had gotten from Trudie, an angel of "courage" that I seriously would look at when I was feeling down, and remind me that I can do this, we will make it through this.

AND.....also my friend since I was 2, (wow that's a long time!!!!) Katie had given me these 2 small angels a while back also, that I never got blogged! So I wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU for the thoughtfulness, and they really do brighten my day! I have also "secretly" loved the Willow Tree figurines and wanted to start collecting them....so now I can!


I think the last week has really been a good one. I find myself at a pretty good place with all of this. I still don't like it, and wish things were different, but I think I am coming to an acceptance, that this our journey, we have been chosen to carry Jillian, and as tough as that sometimes, we will all be ok, knowing she will be healed and in Heaven. I am sure I will have many more ups and downs in the next couple months, but for now, I think we are doing pretty well. (considering the situation that is)

9 comments:

Celia said...

Those are such beautiful figurines! I love the Willow Tree ones. They are my favs too! I have one that my hubby gave me last Mother's Day simply entitled "Love". They are beautiful in a very simple way.

I am also glad to hear that you are in a "better place" I was there not so long ago and it does feel good to not feel so overwhelmed by everything. I hope you continue to dwell in that "better place" for quite a while.

I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

MOM said...

The Angels are so pretty! I have heard of them but never really knew what they were! How thoughtful so many people are!!
I am also happy to hear that you have a good week! I will call you on Mother's Day! You enjoy yourself and your beautiful family!!
Love you!!

Christi said...

I love willow tree:)

Amy said...

I love Willow Tree figurines! And how perfect the ones that you have to start your collection!

Holly said...

Someone gave us a willow tree figurine too. They are really nice! I'm so glad you've been surrounded by such love and support! I was glad to read that you are in a better place with everything. I hope the days ahead of you continue to be good.

Mom Putnam said...

The figurines are really nice. People are so thoughtful, aren't they? I am glad you are in a better place, I long for the day that our families can feel that we are there too.
Linda

Nicole said...

Love them!

I was given several of them after Logan was born as well.

Sheryl said...

I love the Willow Tree angels, too - they have such neat, simple messages. Glad to hear you're doing okay - hang in there, there are lots of people thinking about you guys and praying for you!

Tina said...

What great friends you have to send such thoughtful gifts!