Friday, April 3, 2009

Check Up

Today was a follow up check up with Dr. Levine in Omaha. He was very impressed with how well Jillian is growing, and is right where she needs to be. They got all the measurements, except the head, which would not be accurate anyway. She was very active and kept putting her hands in front of her face, so we never got a good picture of her cute little face! He also said my fluid levels are also right where they need at be, at 16, so that is a great sign, and her bladder was full, and there were "bubbles" in her stomach, which means she IS swallowing, so hopefully my levels will stay normal, and I won't have to have an amnio! I will keep my fingers crossed!

He also brought up the possibility of organ donation. He said that as long as her organs are healthy, which he says they look great as of now, that there might be a strong possibility for organ donation, which both Adam and I are pretty hopeful for. I know this is so tragic for us, but if our loss can help other families and babies, then we are all for it. We won't know more about that for sure until later, but we just talked about it briefly today.

As for me, my blood pressure is still great, but my weight was down a little AGAIN, I know my appetite has been not the greatest, but I am eating, so not sure how I keep losing? Nothing to be too concerned out, but again, something to watch I guess.

We did get a few more pictures today, but to be honest, they didn't label them, and I CANNOT tell you what I am even looking at! That stinks-----he even tried the 4D one to get a good picture of her face for us, but she wouldn't cooperate!! :) Maybe next time!

So----everything is good, all things considered, but nothing has changed...darn it!

5 comments:

MOM said...

That all sounds like good news!! Let't just hope and pray that things progress and you can have the outcome you want! I am sooooo looking forward to meeting our newest little peanut.....
The organ donation Jodi is really something to think about. But...if you get to the point that you don't want to, no one would blame you. Just think about it. And knowing you, you will research the heck out of it!!
You are so strong, and I am so proud of you!
Love you all so much,

Chris, Abby, Ayden, Elliott, Ashley & Evan said...

It is too cute that little Jillian is hiding her little face:) what a little stinker, probably taking after her big sis Malia, huh? That is really amazing about organ donation, what a selfless and amazing thing to do despite everything you have and will be going through, I think it is WONDERFUL:)

Amy said...

I think it's great you are thinking about organ donation, but like your Mom said, if it gets to the point and you decide against - no one will think any less - I think it's great you are considering it. Your appointment sounds like it went really well too. Hopefully Jillian will be more anxious to show her beautiful little face to Mommy and Daddy next time.

Holly said...

Glad to hear everything is going well with little Jillian. It's great that she is growing well and that the signs are there that she is swallowing. Hopefully you can avoid poly! I never developed poly with Carleigh. She always had fluid in her bladder and stomach and she got the hiccups. It gave me a lot of hope! If you feel that organ donation is something you would like to do then really look into it. Donation with anen babies can be highly controversial and I know a lot of families that have wanted to do so were unable to except for heart valves and corneas. I know it is hard to think about donating when your baby is still very much alive. I had thought about it but decided against it. I know I wanted her with me as much as possible. It may be a little selfish on my part but I didn't care.

Holly said...

I tried to send you an email but it sent me an error so here is what I was trying to send:

Hi Jodi!
I have added your blog to the ones I follow. I am glad that our journey has helped you. That was one of the reasons I started the blog. I knew that sharing our journey with Carleigh could help other families in the same or a similar situation. My strength comes solely from God. He is my strong tower. If there is anything I can do to help or if you have any questions or need to vent just know that I am here!

In Christ,
Holly