Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Details

This week, we have gotten a couple things out of the way we needed to do.

Yesterday we met with our nursing staff at the hospital. They were all wonderful, and they also lent me a copy of the book "Waiting for Gabriel." I have seen the book and have wanted to read it, so am excited to start it tonight. Anyway----we met with 6 nurses that will be with us during delivery and after, and we couldn't be happier with how wonderful they all were. We went over a few delivery details of how we see things all happening, and talked about our stay as well. There is an OB section of the hospital where we stayed when Malia was born, so I assumed that is where we would be again, the only downfall is there really isn't a good "waiting area" so they told us and showed us a room they have on the general floor, that has a couch that pulled into a bed for Adam and a recliner and very spacious. Also directly across the hall is another room that has a couple couches, recliners, table and chairs, tv.....so nice for all of our family to feel comfortable and it is all together, so no one has to be too far from us. We were thrilled when we saw the set up, so decided that would be perfect for us! They also gave us a tour of the operating room, and showed us where our family can wait, and there is also a small waiting room right outside of the operating room for our girls(maybe), our parents and Father to wait so Jillian can be baptized right after she is born----again, it is a perfect setup for us! We will go over details with our family as it gets closer, but puts our minds at ease to actually see where we will be and they walked us through each step---it was awesome!

Then today, we finally met with Scott and Connie at the funeral home. I have been putting this off for obvious reasons, but really it wasn't that bad at all. I didn't even shed a tear. It was a very relaxed setting, and we got a few questions answered and now will just wait until Jillian arrives for the little details. We also had a plot for Jillian at the Catholic Cemetery, and we were so lucky that Adam's Grandma and Grandpa Lansink have an extra plot on the other side of their stone, so that is where we have decided to lay Jillian to rest, which is comforting knowing she will be right with family, and not by herself somewhere. Adam and I were not ready to buy our plots yet, so this will work out great. We also talked to Scott about her marker, and we originally had though we would get her name put on the large stone that is already there, but he had a great suggestion we hadn't thought about yet----which is not to add her info to the marker there, and just do a flush bronze plate for now, and he said that way, when Adam and I are ready someday to buy our plots and headstone, that she can be moved to be with us, and all info can be added to our headstone. (I still can't believe I even have to think about this all at age 28, so surreal to be thinking about burial plots?) So we have decided to go that route for now.

I must say I already feel so much better about having these details worked out and the rest we will just "go with the flow" when the time comes. I am sure some things could change, and also not knowing how much time we have with Jillian I think makes a big difference on plans, etc. So just a waiting game now...

Just one last thing----which is more of a fun thing for me is our maternity pictures! We plan to have them done in the next week, I just need to call to schedule it! You know how much I LOVE photography, so anytime we can get our pictures taken is always exciting to me! :)

So that is all for now----still feeling pretty good. I had a rough couple weeks, but for the most part doing pretty well emotionally right now. Just taking it easy and staying inside as much as possible----100 degree weather and this humidity does a number on my feet!!!!

Thanks again for checking in and your prayers are always welcome! :)

7 comments:

Chris, Abby, Ayden, Elliott, Ashley & Evan said...

Glad to know that all the details are being settled, hope this puts your mind more at ease...now just try to put your feet up and enjoy your upcoming pics!

Holly said...

That's great you were able to go to the hospital and have a look around and see where you'll be. The area on the general floor sounds perfect for you and your family. I'm so glad your nurses are nice!!

Prearrangements can be difficult but it sounds like you handled it very well! How nice of your grandparents to let you have the extra plot. Anthony and I went ahead and bought our plots. It's kinda weird knowing we have them at such a young age but we wanted to be beside her and I didn't want to have to move her later. Plus we don't plan on going anywhere so we thought we'd just go ahead and get them. The bronze plate is a good idea. I've seen some samples of those and they look nice.

Maternity pics are fun! I hope you have a good time getting yours done. I hope you plan on posting pics b/c I wanna see them! :)

Hope your feet feel better!

grandma-grandpa-lansink said...

So glad all your meetings went well for you and Adam. I'm sure it was hard but still had to be taken care of. Can't wait to see the family pictures you have done....I'm sure they will be very "cute". Try to stay in where it is cool.....this weather is a bit crazy!!! You are always in our thoughts and prayers and only a phone call away if you need anything. XXOO Mom and Dad Lansink

MOM said...

I am so glad you have all the arrangements made and behind you. I know you guys were hesitant about doing that, but now your mind can be more at ease and you can spend these last weeks relaxing and spending time with the family. I can't wait to see the pictures you are having taken! That is exciting!! Stay cool Jodi and relax!!
Love you all and praying for you everyday!
I'll talk to you tonight!!

MOM said...

Oh, I forgot to ask. Who are the nurses Jodi? I'm just curious, because I should know some of them?

Candi Ladwig said...

I'm glad to hear all of the "meetings" are done... I'm sure that is a relief knowing that is all done. I can't wait to see you this weekend!

mary said...

Jodi~ I'm so glad for you and Adam that the meetings are over~will give you more time to think and do other things.
This hot weather has got to be hard on you ~ keep cool girl~
Know your in our prayers?
Wayne & Mary